Below you will find some helpful resources which may be of assistance to you or your child/family. Feel free to share these with those you know, and please let me know if you come across a resource that I should list, or if you have trouble accessing any of the links.
· Reading Rockets(great for parents & teachers of struggling readers)
· Kinark Child & Youth Services (or call Central Intake 1-800-283-3377)
· Big White Wall (online peer support and creative platform for those who may be struggling with their mental health )
· Children & Adults with ADHD (Chadd Canada-excellent free magazine subscription!)
· Supporting Minds (Very helpful resource for teachers of students with various mental health needs)
-Kerry's Place (Autism services)
· Resources for Exceptional Children & Youth, Durham Region Chapter
· Developmental Services Ontario (adult developmental services)
· Disability Tax Credit Application (parents apply for the DTC when a child has a disability which significantly impacts their daily living skills)
-Child Disability Benefit (automatically activates with approval of DTC)
-Canada Caregiver Credit (non-refundable tax credit for those caring for dependent with developmental or physical impairment).
· Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities (funding to access on behalf of children with severe disabilities)
· Special Services at Home (funding to assist with a child who has a physcial or developmental disability)
· OSAP disability verification form to have completed on behalf of students with disabilities in order to be considered for post-secondary bursaries offered through OSAP
Their Opportunity which offers funding for sports/recreation costs for at-risk youth
-Easter Seals (travel and entertainment card for those with developmental disabilities)
It was a very last minute request but I had to say yes. In partnership with Their Opportunity we created a 6 week mental health series for kids ages 7-14. To access these videos right away for a suggested donation of $10, please click below. All donations which will go towards kids in sports and the local Traynor family in Oshawa. Tax receipts provided.
Copyright © 2020 Shawna MacKellar/Assess4success - All Rights Reserved.
Please note: We currently have a higher than usual work and call volume and would therefore ask for your patience in getting back to you. We are presently booking in-person Assessments with increased safety measures in place, consisting of virtual or telephone interviews, mask/shield wearing, distancing, sanitizing, and the electronic exchanges of all documents & forms.