Below you will find some helpful resources which may be of assistance to you or your child/family. Feel free to share these with those you know, and please let me know if you come across a resource that I should list, or if you have trouble accessing any of the links. Towards the bottom of this page is a list of known and trusted Psychological Service providers who may also be able to meet your needs in a more timely fashion.
· Learning Disabilities Association of Ontario
- www.reallygreatreading.com (Science of Reading resources)
· Reading Rockets(great for parents & teachers of struggling readers)
· Kinark Child & Youth Services (or call Central Intake 1-800-283-3377)
· Center for Addiction and Mental Health
· Canadian Mental Health Association
· Big White Wall (online peer support and creative platform for those who may be struggling with their mental health )
· Children & Adults with ADHD (Chadd Canada-excellent free magazine subscription!)
· Supporting Minds (Very helpful resource for teachers of students with various mental health needs)
-Kerry's Place (Autism services)
· Resources for Exceptional Children & Youth, Durham Region Chapter
· Developmental Services Ontario (adult developmental services)
· Disability Tax Credit Application (parents apply for the DTC when a child has a disability which significantly impacts their daily living skills)
-Child Disability Benefit (automatically activates with approval of DTC)
-Canada Caregiver Credit (non-refundable tax credit for those caring for dependent with developmental or physical impairment).
· Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities (funding to access on behalf of children with severe disabilities)
· Special Services at Home (funding to assist with a child who has a physcial or developmental disability)
· OSAP disability verification form to have completed on behalf of students with disabilities in order to be considered for post-secondary bursaries offered through OSAP
Their Opportunity which offers funding for sports/recreation costs for at-risk youth
-Easter Seals (travel and entertainment card for those with developmental disabilities)
As Shawna offers services on a limited part-time basis, the following are some known and trusted local Psychological services providers who may be able to meet your needs in a more timely fashion.
Wendy Kelly, School Psychologist- Lindsay, ON 705-930-4878
Laura Caird, A Well Mind- Bowmanville, ON www.awellmind.com
Mills Gosse Psychology- Ajax, ON https://www.millspsychology.ca/
Access Psychology - Port Perry, ON 905-982-0606 www.accesspsychology.ca
Dalton & Associates https://www.daltonassociates.ca/
Cornerstone Psychological Services -Thornhill, ON https://www.cornerstoneclinic.ca/
It was a very last minute request but I had to say yes. In partnership with Their Opportunity we created a 6 week mental health series for kids ages 7-14. To access these videos right away for a suggested donation of $10, please click below. All donations which will go towards kids in sports and the local Traynor family in Oshawa. Tax receipts provided.
Copyright © 2022 Shawna MacKellar/Assess4success - All Rights Reserved.
We are so happy to be back providing in-person Psychoeducational Assessment services! Please note that we are presently at full capacity, and booking Assessments for September 2023. If you are looking for as Assessment before then, some trusted and known service providers are cited at the bottom of the Resources page; you may also wish to contact the College of Psychologists of Ontario website, or inquire with your local LDAO chapter. Exploring different resources within your child's school may also be helpful.